This little chapel was built as an image of St Piran’s Oratory by Sarah Losh,who lived at Woodside Manor, Wreay, 6 miles south of Carlisle. Sarah inherited the estate, and unmarried lived with her younger sister Katherine. who died in 1835. This is significant because the excavation of the Oratory made headline news and Sarah’s interest was so intense she built a chapel having obtained Michell’s drawings from the oratory excavation. It was consecrated in 1842. Now the exciting news is that the group caring for this little chapel have obtained lottery funding to save it from neglect, and when proceeding start, a Trustee is invited to go to Carlisle to join the celebrations.Making another link for St Piran.
7 February, 2016